First, Dear Readers, an apology: I’ve been absolutely awful at updating this site for the last, oh, nine months or so, and I do apologize. I’m sorry if you missed out on important (and antiquated) advice regarding sex, love, marriage, and filthy menstrual matters.
excuse explanation. My absence is due to the following:
1. Day job-wise, I moved from book publishing into web publishing. And guess what? Working on a website for 8+ hours a day kinda kills that inner fire to work on any personal writing!
2. This winter was a bear. A very unpleasant three-to-four months battling bad seasonal depression. Plus my dog died.
3. I’m getting married! This is extremely happy news, but it means my mind is stuffed to the brim with wedding-related ballyhoo.
Thankfully, I have plenty of marriage- and wedding-related resources to guide me into matrimonial bliss! After perusing through my archives both webby and paper, I’ve come up with a list of helpful marriage advice. Please, enjoy and pass on to any
fools friends who are also on their way down the aisle.
Hersteria’s Marriage Tips for Connubial Bliss
- First, let’s make sure you’re not single. And if you’re single, you better not pretend to be happy. No, Trust Me, You’re Miserable
- Now, do you have the right man? Be sure before you agree to anything! I Know How to Pick ‘Em
- Are you getting married for the right reasons? Particularly pure, sexless reasons, that is. So You Want to Get Married
- Be sure you’re mature enough for marriage. Or whatevs. Teeny-boppers Be Bangin’
- Fellas! Sure, your gal may be special – or they may be special. I’m With Stupid: Marrying that Someone “Special”
- Menstrual cramps keeping you down? Get married! Menstruation and Marriage: Forget Midol
- Check your husband (or wife) for rabies. Wedding Night Jitters… or Rabies
- Add sex to the laundry list of housewifely activities! Open 24/7
- FYI, polygamy puts a crimp in your baby-making. Polygamy’s Such a Drag
- Don’t look slovenly, screech at the children, and still expect get some of your weekly allotment of lovin’. On Attraction and Appeal
- Hubby’s feeling sexually inferior? Pony up, ladies. Hey Honey, Thanks for Making It Consensual
- Keep that business under wraps, missy. Ring-a-Ding-Ding: Marriage and Nudity
- Of course, some believe that for men, marriage is just a trap. American Men = Chumps
- Make sure you and your spouse are living up to expectations! How Do I Rate Thee? Let Me Count the Ways
(Of course, if you’re interested in more vintage marriage advice, be sure to check the archives!)